Monday 20 June 2016

June 17th to 19th Being Social With A Side Of Pumpkin

The weekend was a social one for us. Friday started with the monthly gathering for the cards, ie our monthly card evening with Cristina, Crae and Bryan. We always play 2 games each time. Now if I had won at least one of those games, I would have a lot to say. But I didn't win. So instead of focusing on an extremely rare and negative outcome, I am just going to say what a wonderful social evening we had. A good time was had by all. We got to bed at some ungodly hour which doesn't suit these creaking bones of mine, and to quote those famous words of Arnie... I Veel Be Buck!!


Saturday was quieter. So much quieter that my only focus was on food. George was throwing a steak on the BBQ for his dinner, and I opted instead to make a hearty Thai Pumpkin Curry Soup


Sunday finished off on a lovely note. My old friend Debby and her hubby Vinnie called in for a catch up. Debby and I met each other through an international travel  chat room on yahoo.com way back in 2000. And surprise, surprise we were both located in NZ - Debbie up in Auckland, and now recently moved here to Hamilton, my city of residence. So we have a long association. And they have effectively moved in to our 'hood, living maybe 1km away?  This definitely called for a catch up and for our respective partners to get to know each other as well.

Here's cheers to Vinnie (the only one willing to pose for a photo and a great baker of Banana Cake,  and who is allowed to return as he did quite like our home made wine)



No comments:

Post a Comment