Monday 9 February 2015

February 6th, 7th and 8th a Looooong Weekend

A long weekend due to Friday being Waitangi Day (for those overseas - a significant day in NZ's history celebrating the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi by 40 Maori Chiefs - at Waitangi. I think that is sufficient background and oogle Google if you want to know more). Who is going to knock back a long weekend, we had no significant plans, and having been away only last weekend, we decided a weekend spent at home and enjoying sleeping in for three mornings, would do us very nicely thank you.

Friday February 6th I didn't want to bore you with a photo of my Grocery shopping, or more beans purchased to fill the bean bag (and yes this time we did use the bath). so as today is Waitangi Day and a day to celebrate all things Kiwi - let's have a photo of one very stuffed Kiwi instead


Saturday February 7th A day to get my Foodie on. Gazpacho me baby! We have a glut of home grown tomatoes - not enough to warrant making sauces etc, but a glut nonetheless. I found a recipe for Gazpacho, and I have always wanted to try it. So try it I did. Can I say it is nice but I won't make it again. I think the ingredients pre blitzing looked better then the final product.


That was the Gazpacho ticked off the 'Not At the Top of My Bucket List' list

Sunday February 8th Today was supposed to be an atypical Sunday. Sleep in, lots of coffee, move and do the household chores. You know what they say about the best laid plans of Mice and Men... and Irene. It all went topsy turvy due to a certain granddaughter, her swimming lessons, being invited out to lunch by the family and generally being a Nana and Poppa Day.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present the future Swimming Queen of New Zealand. and greatest Ballerina of New Zealand, and greatest Artist New Zealand has ever seen, and well actually when all is said and done, just one half of the two greatest Granddaughters to grace this particular Nana's heart


Here's the other half of the two greatest Granddaughters to grace this particular Nana's heart. Being a true foodie like her Nana and examining the contents of her Pizza slice That look says it all - ie WTF is on this and should I even be eating this? Is this worthy of swallowing?



No comments:

Post a Comment