Friday 2 January 2015

December 31st / January 1st Out With The Old and In With The New...

I have never been a person to make New Year's Resolutions - most probably because I know in all probability they won't be kept. However if I make a resolution during the year then that is something I will stick to.

So it was time to farewell 2014. Not a bad year in retrospect. My health decided to behave itself relatively well this year. We have wonderful family and friends in our lives, some overseas and some nice and close here in NZ and others a bit further away. We travelled to Perth and the Margaret River region in WA, which was a great experience.

We farewelled 2014 and welcomed 2015 with close friends. Not without a bit of silliness and merriment - after all this is us we are talking about.


And I was advised not long after the clock struck 12, that it was time to get up our new calendar. I broke with tradition this year as the calendar in the ''You Know Where Room'' has always been one of elephants. But as the ''You Know Where Room'' is now a homage to the VW Beetle and Combi, we decided a new type of calendar was necessary. (Make sure if ever you visit us, that you do ask to use the toilet - or Bathroom if you are American!)


How did we spend our NY Day?  I finally tumbled into bed at 02:30am - which nowadays is a "Holy Moly Did I Stay Up That Late" occasion for myself. And an even more a "Holy Moly Did I Sleep In That Late" morning when we got out of bed at 11:00am.  So for these two old farts the day was spent as a 'Slob and Blob' day - watching movies (a total of five), eating nibbles and a feet up type of day.

  Welcome to 2015!



2 comments:

  1. Oooooh yum, I've got my eye on your Gravlax! My mouth is drooling - I didn't make any this year, too many projects going on here and I ran out of time..............but anytime is a good time isn't it? It is such lovely stuff that I end up nibbling away at it till I've (almos)t eaten it all myself. Whoops......call me 'gutso'! Anyway Happy New Year to the Two Old Farts and of course Minnie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely love Gravlax and often make it during the year. Also when there is a fair bit left over, I will stir it into cream, gently heat and then stir cooked pasta in (decadent I know but it is yummy).
      Happy New Year to you as well xx

      Delete