Monday 12 January 2015

January 10th and 11th Another Weekend Bites The Dust

A quiet Weekend on the Western Front here. George went off to play Fisherman on Saturday, so I was left to hold the fort and it was a day like any other.  On the up side it was a glorious Summer's Day and the weather was stunning. You know it is Summertime when beautiful South Island Cherries are in abundance



And you know it is a tad hot when you get home from your walk, and for the first time ever a quarter way up the driveway to our home, Minnie stops and assumes statue position. She would not budge or move an inch. Which meant I had the honours of carrying her up. I am so glad she didn't decide to take this stance earlier on our walk!

Saturday finished off with our evening meal at the Night Market. I may change my food choices when we visit, but one thing I always am consistent with purchasing is my Bubblee Tea. Papaya and Double Bubbles are my request.

This was the temperature at 7:30pm
Onwards and Forwards to Sunday.  I was about to relax in the garden. The umbrella went up for a spot of shade and we found we had a nest of visitors. I don't mind visitors, but these ones I am allergic to. Here we have the start of a Wasp Nest - horrible blighters. They were sprayed and sent to Wasp Hell immediately.


Time to enjoy basking in the beautiful outdoor weather, with George's wonderful home made Cider




Dinner of course was fresh fish fillets, BBQ'd with a Moroccan Rub. Extremely tasty. Accompanied by Garlic Green Beans (for a non bean lover - ie myself - to eat these, means the recipe is worth salivating over) and a lovely salad reflecting the colours of Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment