Tuesday 6 January 2015

January 5th Feeling Boxed In?

We very nearly thought our dinner was going to have to be purchased. This is the 'smaller' part of our Xmas decoration treasure trove. It did tend to take over a lot of kitchen space. For a wee, wee while there I felt like I was on one of those television reality shows where they film inside the house of a hoarder.


However all of this got put away and dinner was made. Later it was time to settle down for what looks like the start of some spectacular sunsets coming up. We are fortunately placed for some wonderful views at sunset


Then it was time to head to the Land of Snores. Well that is what I thought until for some reason the dreaded insomnia decided to strike. Could I blame George snoring?  Absolutely not, because I am the resident culprit of that crime. Could I blame Minnie taking over the whole bed and deciding she wanted to lay in the space reserved for my body? Absolutely not, because with a push and shove she is easily relocated - at least tonight she was, but I confess some nights I lose the battle with that furry four legged wonder.  Could I blame copious amounts of caffeine? Absolutely not, because I worked my rotund bottom off and was too busy to indulge in caffeine fixes. So there was nothing to blame but being unable to sleep for some unexplicable reason. Then I spotted this in a window. So for all the packing we had done, all the Xmas decorations we had removed, why did this large window adornment escape my beady eyes until well after the Witching Hour? It happens every year without fail. After everything is sealed and packed there will be one find. One ornament remains on the Xmas tree. One Xmas bauble will be loose. Then we have the dilemma of what to do with the one solitary remaining item for the next eleven months!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment