Wednesday 7 January 2015

January 6th Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow

A visit to the hairdressers was on the cards today (Hot Magenta anyone?). Actually what I do like about this particular salon is the little sleeves they provide for your glasses, While you are sitting there reading, or playing games on your smartphone, you aren't getting any pesky hair colour on your glasses.

But wait there's more! What do you think is the most embarrassing thing about your hairdresser being located in a shopping mall? Oh yes - having to go to the bathroom. You know you have at least another hour of sitting in that chair and you are fair close to bursting. Then TLC come over the loudspeaker singing ''Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls'' In the background they are rinsing another customer's hair and that water is gently, just gently running through their hair for what seems like forever. You know you have no option but just have to go.

They can take off the black cape fortunately. Why on earth do they only come in black? Also as one size fits all but with no shape to them, you resemble the Michelin man who became a Micheline woman!. So you can take off the cape, but there is no way of disguising the hot pink colour that is one massive wet blob in your hair. Fortunately I didn't have any squares of foil in my hair - people would think I was trying to counteract harmful space rays. I could just imagine them calling Security - ''There's a Mad Woman on the loose in the Mall'

Believe me, it is not a good look to have whilst walking through a shopping mall. Eyes down and hope I don't bump into anyone that knows me. Please don't let anyone see me. Please let me dissolve into a shroud of invisibleness as I negotiate the mall, wearing my glasses, complete with their little blue sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment