Friday 23 January 2015

January 22nd A Tedious And Not Titillating Thursday

Today was a Thursday like any other. I kid you not. But then my philosophy is that if every day were exciting and full of wow moments, we wouldn't appreciate them. Life has it's flat planes, its uphills, its downhills. So why kid you and try and make out that my Thursday was something it was not - because it wasn't :)

First up was work. Followed by a walk with Minnie - I wanted to get that done early as the thermometer was tipped to to top the very late 20s, so we could not subject her delicate royal paws to burning asphalt. Our dog who is the most intelligent canine in the universe is a whizz at finding shady spots to stop and smell the individual blades of grass




The Park we walk though has a full time Council employed Gardener. And we walk past his dumping spot for pruning. (I will not recall the time a Cockroach jumped up my dress from this spot - I presume - and I found it touching an upper extremity. Best to lay that memory to bed). Anyway back to the pile of cuttings, and there was this tree I have never seen before with these weird berries or fruit - some were turning red. Can anyone identify this for me?



I don't know if you recall a solitary shoe located on the side of the road a couple of weeks ago? It obviously still hasn't left this earthly plane as socks do. Well good news for our solitary shoe. It has a partner. A bit of an oddball but at least someone he can chew the rubber with on a daily basis. They appear the unlikeliest couple but are making a go of it


Then the day drew to a close. As usual, a spectacular sunset, with a pink jetstream thrown in for a different daily effect. Thank you to whomever or whatever causes these sunsets, for throwing in one this evening to match my hair colour. That was much appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment