Wednesday 31 December 2014

December 30th Happy New Year From Minnie

Hello my darlings. It's Minnie here. I thought I would get in for my final 2014 greetings. She, who thinks she is all it, actually condescended and let me have my say. I am happier then a pup weeing on an expensive leather shoe that I can get to say hello to you all.

At this time of year I tend to get a bit restless. We have had lots of people visiting for the Xmas light displays. They wonder why I just totally ignore all the moving Santa's, dangling decorations etc etc, but come on guys - I have class.   I know also a photo with my image is much sought after and when the camera comes out, I know to get off my resting perch and make my way to the crowd for a photo. I really do add a bit of celebrity to the photos.

Also now the garden is in full bloom, and I do appreciate the scents.Unfortunately I am not well camouflaged so I do tend to be spotted and removed from the scene.


I thought I was quite well hidden here though, but no they still got me. Not much fun playing Hide and Seek with them in this garden.


Now if I could only have climbed up this arch that would have fooled them - but it is covered in flowers so ended up being a no go.


2014 was quite the year for me. Some mysterious illness had me at the vets for overnight monitoring. I pulled through and was quite touched to see how much I am loved. They were both in tears and I wouldn't let them know this, but I actually shed a tear as well at being away from them. A few stints at my Doggy Motel which I don't mind. They are such lovely people that tend to my every whim. The bones here are starting to creak and I have days where I am not as agile as I used to be. But I am looked after well and a thick blanket is there for me to jump on from their bed. And the best of all is our walks. I am not sure who walks me the best. If I go with Him.. .he takes the lead and we walk quite briskly, which is good and he still lets me stop and smell. If I go with Her, she lets me take the lead - I have taken us on some weird and wonderful routes and I know she enjoys these. I guess the only thing all three of us agree on is that coming home can be a killer. Have you seen the incline of our driveway coming up to the house? That is an oh my dog believe me. No matter how much any of us walk up here - all three of us curse away, but it is a good cardio workout at the end of our walk.

Enough of my waffle!!  I am looking forward to 2015 and I am sure I will get to share more moments with you.  I would never confess this to either of them, but I do love them dearly and I count my blessings that I am in this house with these absolutely wonderful, adorable people (you won't believe it - she pushed me off the keyboard and she wrote that!!  I would never confess to such a deep rooted love from them!!  But actually it is true so I won't edit it out. And I have loved meeting some of you - you are all worthy of my affection and are pretty cool too.

So Happy New Year to you all from me. A big huge woof woof and dog paw hugs to you. See you in the New Year and be safe!!  

Woof Woof and With Much Love from Minnie


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Minnie, I loved reading your action packed 2014 year. You've had your ups and downs, but obviously more of the ups, so that's the most important thing. You even brought a wee tear to my eye when I read about the most important people in your life and how they had to part with you for the night when you went to see the Vet. I can imagine their, (and your) heartaches over that time. Yes, you are a photographer's pleasure as a subject, there's no doubting that and I can imagine the fun you must have trying to play hide and seek from a camera! Well, it seems that you will soon be sleeping in darkness once again, till Christmas 2015 rolls around, but it sure must have been fun to have had the pleasure of the company of all the Christmas figurines and bright twinkly lights and displays while they lasted. Happy New Year Minnie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene here - Minnie is sleeping after our daily walk and can't be disturbed as she does need her beauty sleep However I relayed your message, she lifted her head and gave a gracious grin. She also wishes you a Happy New Year xxx

      Delete