Saturday 27 December 2014

December 24th to December 26th Xmas Attacks the Remiss Blogger

Oh gosh I have been naughty with my blogging. Xmas Day with all its preparation caught up with me. Then when it was all over, I was as tired as a salmon trying to swim upstream (I was going to say a sperm trying to swim upstream, but decided that was decidedly tacky!). I have however continued to take a photo everyday - I just didn't get around to posting online about them, and will make up for it now. Get prepared for a few days whammy in one.

December 24th - Xmas Eve:
Today was spent in a flurry of pre Xmas Day cooking preparation. I didn't dare venture out and brave the shops, and George kindly offered to do the last minute food shopping for me.  Now that it is a few days later, I honestly couldn't tell you what we even had for dinner or who was here to see Xmas lights (with apologies to whoever you were for my massive Xmas Brain Fart forgetfulness!!).  But I do know that this photo of Minnie just about sums up how we felt by bedtime


December 25th - Xmas Day

And the big day presented itself. We expected just a quiet day with four of us around the table - due to the dreaded Chicken Pox afflicting itself upon the granddaughters. Or so we thought.  We got the Merry Xmas phone call and to say that the youngest had been given the all clear by the Doctor for her Chicken Pox, and the oldest, whilst she may have them, as there were no physical signs apparent, as long as we avoided physical contact we would be okay. So our dinner table swelled from the expected four to nine - with an extra stray ringing and having no where to go. I have to share the following photos with you. Everyone knows my aversion to food that is green and leafy and grows in dirt. Shudder (bad I know for someone my age). So to see these in preparation to go with Xmas Dinner is a bit of a shock in this household



What was even more of a shock is that the recipe I selected for the Green Beans, ie lots of Garlic and Olive Oil and home made Chicken Stock, was so beautiful that I will be making these - and eating them - again. Also gracing the dinner table was the first of our home grown new potatoes. Xmas Dinner just doesn't cut it in this hemisphere without lovely new potatoes.


And the best Xmas present I have ever received? Was to be surrounded by people I love dearly, and in my eyes the two most beautiful girls in the world. I love my granddaughters so much and to be able to share Xmas Day with them, made the day so special. Today I felt I was the luckiest Wife, Nana and Mother in the world!


December 26th - Boxing Day

A time to finish the cleaning up - thank goodness for dish washers that are not of the two legged variety - and to put the feet up. To watch movies and catch up on outstanding recorded TV serials (Has Oliver Queen really died in Arrow  - yikes what a cliffhanger! Who will save the world?). Finished off with a lovely visit by proud Nana Raine, who had a granddaughter newly born on Christmas Day and her lovely friend Shirley. Those photos are on the camera and unfortunately not on my phone. So you will have to make do with my afternoon shot instead


This is what our lounge looks like in the daytime. Time is rolling around and soon it will be time for the Santa's to head back North (ie up into the roof they go) and for the elephants to return from their holiday in deepest, darkest Africa (ie in the garage).



No comments:

Post a Comment