Monday 15 December 2014

December 13th and 14th What an awesome weekend...

Saturday was a normal Saturday - ie a fishing widow for the day and my only outing was to the supermarket. But here is an interesting fact about the supermarket.  I now have a Fitbit which is a fitness tracker, ie measures steps, sleep patterns etc and you can track a particular piece of exercise. So out of interest today I decided to track how much walking is involved in supermarket shopping.  From leaving the car to returning to the car (and I actually wasn't parked too far from the entrance).  Do you know this particular shop was 2.8kms!  OK it can't be classed as exercise as such, but gives you an idea of the size of supermarkets these days.  Here is a screenshot of my shop - which is widely erratic, but the distance will be accurate. I thought this data was fascinating (you know the saying small things....small minds).


I came out of the supermarket to find some 'Lower then a pregnant snake's belly' lowlife had left a large dent and scratch in my back bumper. George rang me to say his car had given off some serious warning light and he didn't catch one fish. So that was the Saturday that was.

Sunday morning loomed. I was heading up to Auckland for Fine Travel's Xmas Get Together. Here is a handy hint of the day, especially at the moment here in the Southern Hemisphere where outside BBQ's / Parties are happening. If you are taking dishes to share, before leaving home take a photo. Then when you are leaving said destination and returning home - you know exactly what dishes you need to bring home with you. Especially when you have Old Lady Fart Brain Cells like myself!!


Cheesecake - check
Basil Pesto - check
Home made Crackers - check
Three Serving Dishes of varying sizes - check

That was just the useless tip of the day. A lovely get together with all my fellow Fine Travel colleagues. Pardon the pun - but it was a Fine day. Not weatherwise unfortunately, as the Winter Weather Gods decided to visit us again - did someone say it is Summertime? But a Fine get together.  Oh and look at this car.. I have never seen one of these before and it is like a toy car and I have to share it with you


This is a 1991 Nissan Figaro.  I have never seen one before and yet apparently they aren't that rare. I could almost give up my Beetle and go to the dark side for this one. It is so cool. 

So that was Sunday. I drove home in the most blustery conditions and actually thought my Beetle was going to be blown off the road. Back to Hamilton and visitors to see our Xmas lights.  Actually the lights are a good way to catch up with friends you keep saying ''We must catch up" to.....  Lovely to have Kaye here. Then Chris, Judy, Tania and her 4 boys. And to finish off my weekend blog... here is Chris playing the Bagpipes


No comments:

Post a Comment