Tuesday 7 October 2014

October 6th Maudlin Monday

Today... was so, so wrong, unfair, sad and gut wrenching. I had to attend a funeral for a young lady I have known sine she was a baby. Is she lucky she made 30? Is she unlucky that her cancer started on her tongue and yet she had never smoked in her life? Who decides what lottery ticket in life she drew? Is this pre-determined? Apologies for being so sad, but I am sad. But on with the day

You know you are driving over the Kaimai Ranges when this is in front. I am still paranoid after recalling an Australian accident years ago when a poor woman in a car behind one of these trucks was beheaded by a log not tied correctly. Today wasn't the type of day when I felt like being behind a logging truck - and there were lots of them




Then we came to the purpose of the day. RIP Lissa - you are with your Dad and no longer suffering


Finally the Sun set on my sadness. Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to take a photo of the sun as an entire ball. There were two unexpected photographic endings to this sad day. Firstly we see some spectacular sunsets from here at home - and yet today is the first time ever I have seen the sun set as an entire ball from here. Secondly to take a photo of the sun in it's entirety can be extremely hard. So befitting the day, some how for once, the photo (taken with my phone camera) was as it should be. From dark days there are new beginnings.








No comments:

Post a Comment