Wednesday 15 October 2014

October 14th The Washing Machine Repairman and Our Ghost

Firstly, after my recent Roach encounters and stating my house was clean - oops this doesn't look very good does it?  Yes folks, that is dust, a few cobwebs and even a dead bug (I wonder if it's offspring are haunting me due to it's demise?)



Which has nothing to do with the Washing Machine Repairman and our Ghost. I just threw the above dirt in as a little observation.

I have / had a front loading washing machine. I hope I still can say have. The machine (an Italian, so maybe it possessed the same Latino passion?) decided it would start doing weird & wonderful things to me. Some examples.. .no you are NOT going to open my door - ever! Do you really think I am going to do a spin cycle and rinse your laundry - no way. I quite like the damp effect. And on, and on, and on.

To  the extent I did what everyone does and called in ... drum roll.... The Washing Machine Repair Man.  Who entered to bright disco lights and angels heralding his arrival.  We agreed it could be the circuit board and then  he decided he would do a test run to see if there were other faults. The machine lurched and careened and even burped - a bit like me after a few too many gins actually. The repair man turned to me and said "Do you know, I have never encountered a machine doing anything like this before!" I almost think it is possessed"   (I actually thought he was going to tell me to call in the Exorcist)

I then had to regale him about our tale of our ghost - who to date has just kept their presence to smoking cigarettes in the lounge and the odd time following me with their ghastly cigarette smell into the kitchen - but  not often fortunately.  Possibly our resident Ghost/Ghostess has taken exception to an Italian front loading washing machine and decided to possess it as well?

Well the mention of our resident Ghost opened the Gates of Ghostdom. I stood there for half an hour and heard every encounter my Washing Machine Repair Man had had with ghosts - first hand, second hand and even third hand.  We weren't at a Spiritualist meeting,  we were in my laundry!! Do you know that feeling you get when your eyes glaze, you have a fixed smile and every so often emit an Oh No - that is what I was reduced to.

Finally he decided to take the errant Italian away with him - for an exorcism maybe? Leaving me to ponder dust, cobwebs and dirty bugs.

I do not know why my Blog of the Day did not encompass malls, hairdressers, nail technicians. Note to self.... who wants to read about Washing Machine Repairmen?

No comments:

Post a Comment