Tuesday 30 September 2014

September 29th A Birthday Wish

Today was George's birthday. He has been wanting to cook a whole fish at home for a very long time. Eating a whole fish with all the bones intact is really not my thing. However because it was his birthday, because he had been fishing in the weekend and brought home a snapper, because I had been to the dentist and was consigned to a meal of soft food, ie noodles or soup were my choices - I gave in and decided to fulfill a wish on his birthday and to cook the whole fish, caught by his own hand.

To add a little birthday glamour to the meal, George has been wanting to replicate the chilli sauce that was provided in Thailand at a lot of the street stalls. He would purchase a whole fish when we we there and there was always a beautiful (according to him) sauce on top of the fish complete with chillies. Fortunately for him in his birthday month, I had visited a local Thai grocery store and the owner supplied me with a recipe. A very happy Birthday George ate his dinner with extreme gusto - forget the knife and fork, this was finger picking, continual moans of oh my god, dinner enjoyment

The sauce contains 6 Chillies and 4 Garlic Cloves

Ready to be attacked





No comments:

Post a Comment