Friday 12 September 2014

September 11th A Little Bit of Mango In My Life

Still continuing on the foodlovers.co.nz challenge.  This week the challenge was to try a new recipe (to ourselves) for Mango and/or Cucumber. Oh me, Oh my, I must admit I did cry. Mango? Cucumber? But my best and most loyal friend in the world - Mr Google - came to my rescue again.

NZ readers will be familiar with Nici Wickes, a local food writer. I found her recipe for a Mango Salad, however what appealed is the dressing had Thai flavours. We love Thai food, and the dressing combined with Mango and Cucumber was lovely.  Paired with pan fried crumbed snapper - a dinner well worth repeating!


2 comments:

  1. The vegetables look delicious. Looks like a meal served at Shirlington Thai Restaurant here in northern, Va. Occasionally, I would get a serving of sticky rice and mango for dessert. Great job!!!
    W in Alexandria, Va.,
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you W. I absolutely adore Sticky Rice and Mango... will give it a go one day!!

    ReplyDelete