Monday 22 September 2014

September 21st What To Do With a Pomegranate

I have really got into making Biscotti. A few weeks ago, Cardamom was part of the food challenge I am partaking in, and I found a recipe for Ginger & Cardamom Biscotti. Which I have now made a couple of times. Believe me, Cardamom, let alone making Biscotti, have never been part of my life plan before

Well around a week ago, George inadvertently purchased a Pomegranate, thinking I enjoyed them. I have never had one in my life. I certainly knew what they were, but have never cooked with one or even tasted one. So this sole Pomegranate has been sitting in the fruit bowl taunting me. And taunting, and taunting, and taunting.

By the way, here is a ''Did You Know'' moment!  The flesh/seed of the Pomegranate is referred to as an Aril Please don't ever say this blog is not educational thank you.

Back to my sole taunting Pomegranate.  I had no idea how many Pomegranates recipes use, so then wondered about using my sole taunting Pomegranate in my Biscotti recipe. The verdict? I may just have to purchase Pomegranate again in the future.

Please allow me to present my Pomegranate and Orange Zest Biscotti

Believe me, these taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment