Saturday 8 November 2014

November 7th Age Is No Barrier to Travel

I am currently in the midst of booking a wonderful European holiday for a Gentleman. He has been an absolute treasure to deal with and now I know why.  He sent me his passport photo page today for the booking, and I noted his year of birth is 1927. This makes him 87 and by the time he travels next year he will be 88.


Who says age is a barrier to travel? Oh and in case you are wondering.. this is not the oldest customer I have booked holidays for.  My previous 'record holder' was 96 years of age. Lew was an absolute gem and his family came to inform me when he did pass away at 98. He would call in to see me all the time and say hello. Saying good bye to Lew was as painful as saying good bye to a close friend.

Thank goodness for diversity in customers and in life.

People come in to your life for a reason
It may be a long friendship, it may be for a season
but with each contact we make, we can take something away
and let the lesson learnt, last longer than a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment