Friday 7 November 2014

November 6th Venerable Vietnamese

Tonight's dining is brought to you by the only Vietnamese Restaurant in the bustling metropolis of Hamilton - Banh Mi Caphe.  A good but basic selection of Vietnamese choices, and I finally discovered that Pho is pronounced Fuhh, which sounds like the English word fur. Yes, yes, and yes. I am a tad pedantic and like to say words correctly. So therein lies your  lesson of the day. Back to our dining.

When the evening started, even though we had a table booked for four, I almost felt like Irene No Mates.  George couldn't remember if he had locked the car (a recurring condition which often afflicts him and results in him having to walk long distances to check) and Alvin & Alicia were having parking problems. Isn't it funny when you are in a restaurant on your own, and I don't know if it is psychological but you do feel pitying glances. I almost felt like holding up a sign which read 'I AM NOT ALONE - AND THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING IN 96 DAYS'


 As the night wore on and tummies were filled, we were pleasantly surprised that a Yoda look alike joined us. Especially when she started quoting "Patience You Must Have - Your Birds Nest Roll Will Arrive" and "Feel The Force - that is the mystery ingredients in the Pho of Cinnamon and Star Anise"


For one so small, she was full of wisdom


Finally I will end our visit to Banh Mi Caphe on a Bum note. Eating my meal, everytime I happened to raise my head I had the following as my view. A Crack Up? Or maybe a Crack Down? There were no Butts about this one







3 comments:

  1. This is funny. I be smiling as I ride on the walk/ cycle path besides the George Washington Parkway and the Potomac River headed towards Washington, DC.
    W in a slightly cold and windy Alexandria, Va.,
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realised Alexandria was so close to DC, W. I have just heard all about DC and the sightseeing/historic buildings you don't normally hear about - apart from the obvious. Sounds a lovely area
    I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, and bundle up as you head into Winter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap. Alexandria sits across the Potomac River from DC. DC has many places to visit free of charge.
    Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November each year. This Thanksgiving my family will celebrate it at the Gaylord Resort across the river in Maryland. It is about a five mile drive from home.
    With best regards,
    W in Alexandria, Va.,
    USA

    ReplyDelete