Monday 17 November 2014

November 17th HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Today, November 17th, marks the fourth year that I have been posting a photo a day. Initially I was part of a group which was set up on Facebook to take a photo each day.  That group folded after something like 3 months, but I kept taking and posting a daily photo.

Then it was suggested to me to set up a blog. If something was missed on Facebook, where I initially posted, then people could just bring up my blog and look at my photo of the day.

Things evolve, and as you no doubt have noticed, now it is not only my photo of the day that gets an airing on this blog. I have also shared my thoughts, poetry, travels - both local and overseas, and when permission is given, my friends and family share the spotlight as well.

It has been a wonderful four years. I never anticipated I would last this long. But I have kept going. I have quite a little band of followers and to each and every one of you I would like to extend a huge thank you.

No birthday cake for the blog, but George did come home with a cupcake for me. The only decent one he could find apparently had a fish on it. What is wrong with these bakers?  Don't they know that all cupcakes should be adorned with elephants, and elephants only I tell you!! Anything else, as I keep saying is Irrelephant.

So here's to the past four years and I hope many more (if I can find things to photograph that is).


No comments:

Post a Comment