Thursday 6 November 2014

November 5th Minnie's Musings

Hello, hello my dear fans. It is I, Minnie, Wonder Pet, who is more human than dog. Well we have been back from our holiday for over a week now, and life has returned to normal. Well as normal as life can get in this slightly nutty household (that is just between you and me, and please don't tell them I said that).

My beauty sleep has  returned to normal hours. I like to stay in bed and not get up until at least 9:30am. I know, I know. That is a tad lazy isn't it, but I am getting on in years, and a beauty like me definitely cannot have large bags under her eyes from lack of sleep. So at least 9:30am it is. A long stretch, a jump off the bed onto a soft blanket placed for my comfort on the floor, and then I am ready to face the day. Ah, that is pure contentment.

I have to admit to being excited as well. The Christmas decorations and lights are starting to be displayed in the home and outside. There is one Christmas Stocking in this house - and guess who it is for? Yes for me, for me, the one and only me. Well I presume it is for me, as it has a picture of a dog on it (not as good looking as myself of course) and a large Woof Woof written on it. It is all very serious in the house, him outside climbing up and down and her inside, putting her silly little things where she thinks they will look tasteful. As for the Santas. Can I squeal here please - OMG. Yes, OMG! There are Santas galore. A guitarist, a drummer, and even a trumpeter. And I spied one on a train, and another on a reindeer.  Maybe it is a bit too much, but she has such a smile on her face, so I can't begrudge her that little bit of pleasure.

We have been walking. Oh it has been such a delight. The weather has been kind.I have to share this photo with you. I must tell you it certainly had me going at first. Look at this



Well when I first saw this, I missed the word Bag, and thought it read Doggy Poo Station. I wondered how on earth I was going to jump up there and poo at the same time. It was with some relief when she explained to me it was just poo bags. Oh and by the way I don't Poo, I Excrement - just to clarify!

And have I ever shared with you the following? It is the wonderful daily ritual known as 'The Removing Of The Socks'  On this truly glorious note, I will leave you. Until next time. Woof Woof!!



2 comments:

  1. Minnie, I've been going to write you a comment and time has just slipped away..........

    I'm glad to see your city council in Hamilton looks after you so well when you are walking 'her' in the park, because when a doggie's got to go, a doggie's got to go!

    Lucky you sharing your home with all the lovely decorations and sparlking lights him and her have put up for Christmas. I do hope your Christmas stocking is bristling at the brim with goodies all for you on Christmas morning.

    I do hope they pay you for removing stockings as that's a very important part of a doggy's life just as digging the garden is. Take care.
    D. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D. You are a person like Him and Her, but at least you understand me. I appreciate your words of kindness and I also wish you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year - and yes, those best wishes come from Him and Her as well. They aren't bad sorts - and send you their love. Woof Woof - Minnie xx

    ReplyDelete