Monday 3 November 2014

November 2nd Friends Are Like Flowers

I had a wonderful day today with Friends.  First meeting Chantal for lunch and after ascertaining (for my behalf) that we have known each other for 12 years now, it is a wonderful feeling that we can still laugh and have a good chuckle with each other.

Then down the road to the one that wants to be my friend, but I try and steer clear of -  ie retail therapy. I was 'unsuccessful' in one shop and bought some Christmas decorations for my side of the Christmas decorating (ie the trees), but was 'successful' in the other shop where they did not have what I was looking for. Take that my fair weather friend!

Finished off with a coffee and chat with Cristina and Crae. I may be old enough to be older than their Gran's - ok Mums - but it is always a pleasure to spend time with these two.

Then I decided in my contemplative mood, that friends are indeed like flowers.

You see some and it may not be all the time and all year round. However when they do present themselves, the time spent with them is beautiful and leaves you with a lovely feeling as you bask in their glory. Those friends with their different coloured personalities are truly one out of the box, and special


Then there are the artificial friends. Lovely to look at and spend time with at first. Then the realisation that they are indeed artificial strikes you, and like an artificial flower they eventually fade away


And finally there are the beautiful friends that are just amazing, and stand out because they are different. These friends, you are in awe of, and hope they remain in your life for a very long time.


Note:  All these photos taken today, were photographed in all their glory at Punnet Cafe, Tamahere, Hamilton. Just between you and me, the food is special, the attached gift shop woo hoo de hoo, and finally if anyone can identify this last flower for me, it would be appreciated. It is so spectacularly different!

2 comments:

  1. The last flower is African Daisy and they come in lots of lovely colours. I (when I had a decent flower garden years ago) had a few growing mainly creeping varieties and some shrub types. Lovely plants and (I had to look them up) if you want the hootyfalooty name they are Osteospermum.

    And flowers are like friends, they can hang around for a long time, keep coming back, or just be a one-season wonder! But we wouldn't be without them would we!
    D xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the name D. I don't recall having seen them before. Now if I find one... the big problem is where to plant it. I can think of no spare space anywhere. I wonder if I can persuade the neighbour to buy and plant one - but where I can see it :)

    ReplyDelete