Wednesday 19 November 2014

November 18th Love At First Sight - for Minnie

I guess you all read yesterday that we are heading into Year 5 of a Photo A Day, and this Blog. I am sure you all realise that that milestone would not have been reached without my input. I have the brains and the beauty, and she, well she, she has fingers? What else can one say?

As we head into Year Five, I insisted that I start off the year. I think that is only appropriate. The weather in our part of the world lately, has not been very conducive to happy times and getting out. Talk about gale force winds, and of course rain, and gale force winds and rain.  Fortunately today was fine, so Her and I headed off on one of our walking expeditions. The wind played havoc with my natural curls. They were blown here, there and everywhere. I looked a right mess  And then across the park our eyes locked. He was so handsome, somewhat short in stature, but that I can live with. Oh what a handsome fellow!  I tell you it was love at first sight.  We smelt each others butts. Humans often wonder why we do that.  Well the reason why I have a slight sniff of their nether regions is to check their hygiene habits.  If it is a bit wiffy, I will not go there.  It doesn't take long for a couple of licks to clean the nether regions, and if they can't do that - well they will not occupy a place in my heart I tell you! A girl has to have standards.

Anyway back to this mysterious stranger whom I locked eyes with. I didn't even get his name, or find out where he came from. He was just there, and had the most becoming shy smile. He was from elsewhere as his owner was sitting in one of those motor home contraptions. He is obviously well travelled and a dog of this world. My heart melted.  I don't know if our paths, or paws, will ever cross again  However  for one brief, fleeting moment I felt love. With apologies to Monty, my neighbourhood beau, I hope he doesn't read this and find out that for today, my heart was lost to another. Until next time, my beating heart bids you woof woof.





No comments:

Post a Comment