Tuesday 3 May 2016

May 2nd The Mystery Of The Hidden Sugar

I have no idea what prompted me to check out the ingredients list on a packet of Panko Crumbs in my pantry. These are Japanese style breadcrumbs, purchased recently. Imagine my shock to see listed in the ingredients list 'Sugar'.

And  it is quite ironic that the importer of this brand is a Japanese food importer and yet these are a product of Thailand!


Which then led me on a small goose chase. George actually had a loaf of sliced bread in the house. I decided to check whether your normal, every day, loaf of sliced white bread had sugar in it. The answer to this is a big resounding no.


I happened to  have another brand of Panko Crumbs in our pantry, and checked the ingredients list, and noted it had absolutely no sugar.

So be aware!  They may be only crumbs, but they are not all created equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment