Thursday 9 April 2015

April 8th Sleep - Wonderful Sleep

Back in November or December of last year, I purchased a Fitbit. Well I didn't really purchase it - as I used Loyalty points to get one. They measure your steps during the day, track your exercise etc etc etc.  One of the supposed great features of the Fitbit, is that you can measure your sleep and sleep quality. You do a tap on the Bit at bedtime and two lights glow, and then when you wake up more tapping is required to say 'Hello World, I'm awake' and this logs your sleep.

I seem to have spent my life tired. Add to the mix Insomnia and sleep actually is a problem for me. I don't know if the Fitbit is actually good for me, as it is only confirming that I do not enjoy quality sleep. For instance I can be in bed for 8 hours, and out of that 8 hours in bed - my average sleep ranges from 2 1/2 hours on a bad night, up to a good (?) night, which can be 5 1/2 hours tops?

To give you an idea here is a photo of a not so good night


So as you can see from being in bed for just over 7 hours, only nearly 4 hours of that 7 was spent asleep. The dark blue is actual sleep, the light green is me tossing and turning and god knows what else, and the pink lines are 'Hello World, I am wide awake'

The reason for today's blog/photo is not to induce sympathy. Actually if anything, it will most probably induce sleep in everyone else but me!!  But can you imagine my excitement when I had the following sleep, and I was so excited I had to take a photo of it, and broadcast it to George immediately via a photo text.I have not had this amount of sleep measured, since I had the Fitbit. Long may it continue


a ps... as this photo was taken on the morning of the 8th I did wonder about the next night's sleep. It appears normal transmission has resumed - ie 3 1/2 hrs sleep out of a total of 7 in bed. Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment