Monday 6 January 2014

January 5th The Art of Tea

On the outskirts of Hamilton lies a Tea Estate. I was aware of the presence of Zealong Tea, but unaware it had a restaurant attached. One can enjoy a High Tea or a Lunch. This is the only Tea farm located in New Zealand. So we decided to head out and check out Zealong for ourselves. You will note on their website  http://zealong.com/camellia-tea-house-restaurant/ it says bookings are essential, and we did not book, and were very lucky to find a table. It is true when they say 'bookings are essential'.

Here is a selection of photos from our visit.

Just a small portion of the Tea plants
The signature tea cups are amazing and there are 4 types of tea on offer
I'm not such a little teapot, yes I am

Yes, I think my Oolong is brewed now and ready to drink
These were the best Scallops I have enjoyed in my life. For once in a restaurant, they had a decent roe attached. These Scallops are to live for!

Feed the Man Meat! Cooked Medium Rare apparently and much enjoyed

Zealong tea infused set custard with a toffee crust served with tea and pistachio biscotti






No comments:

Post a Comment