Friday 17 January 2014

January 16th Victor's Place

I wonder why Peking Duck has never had a name change? Peking changed to Beijing, which was enforced by the Chinese Government in the 1980's. But Peking Duck has remained as Peking Duck. You must admit it sounds much better then Beijing Duck, which sounds very Beige and almost 50 shades of grey don't you think?

The reason for these thoughts is because we were dining out at a fairly new Chinese restaurant in Hamilton, called 'Victor's Place'. Having never sampled Peking Duck before (don't ask me why, but the occasion has never arisen for either of us), we joined friends for an evening of authentic Chinese cuisine and Peking Duck. What a lovely meal. I am so glad we chose to dine here and yes just like Arnie, I'll be back

Let the puns begin. OK you can duck for cover now and this place is all it is quacked up to be.
With Purple being my favourite colour, I think we made the right choice here

This isn't all the meal - still more to come

Duck for cover - yes it's a beady eye. I spy with my little eye, a head of a duck not in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment