Tuesday 28 January 2014

January 27th Happy Auckland Anniversary/Australia Day

Well how is that for a coincidence? Auckland Anniversary and Australia Day both celebrated on the same auspicious day. However, I do  not live in Auckland and neither does practically the top half of the North Island of New Zealand - and yet we celebrate Auckland Anniversary Day. If it didn't fall in summertime and culminate in a few concurrent short working weeks every year, I may just be inclined to protest.

As I am an Australian (confession time) but raised in New Zealand, I am a bit of both.  So I thought I would get a couple of furry buddies together for a photo op. The Koala is a typical Australian - one eyed :) He has been keeping me company for 51 years now.  As for Cool Kiwi... just a teen and been in my presence for 14 years, gifted as a travel mascot to me.


And it was such a beautiful, sunny, summery (yes summery, can I repeat summery) day, it was perfect for a walk in the park






No comments:

Post a Comment