Monday 13 January 2014

January 12th The Poser and The Nonchalant

Well it's me, Minnie coming to you again today.  I don't know if you remembered that I mentioned last time that I hadn't seen that Westie, quite a few years my junior, for a while. Well I am not sure what to think right now to be honest. He has been staying at MY Doggy Motel. I mean the cheek of it - that is mine! I know other dogs stay there, but they are just brought in when I stay. A bit like Rent a Crowd - however in this instance it's Rent Some Company for Minnie, whilst the she and he human are off cavorting.

Anyway back to Benny the Westie. He visited yesterday. So not only does he frequent my doggy motel, but to rub salt into the wound figuratively speaking, he turns up unannounced (to me anyway) and drinks my fountain of youth dry, and then demolishes all of my food. No please, thank you's or anything. Naturally I showed my disdain.

The evening wore on, and lo and behold guess what happened!  He stayed the night. Sleeping on the bed with the she, he human and myself. Fortunately by that time he finally knew his place and went to the foot of the bed immediately (amazing what a glare can accomplish) and I remained up the top. I thank my lucky stars he didn't try any nudge, nudge, wink, wink, let's do it anywhere but in the kitchen sink. He remained at a respectful distance throughout the entire night.

I wonder how long I have to put up with him for? If this goes on for much longer, I may just have to raid the wine rack to the left of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment