Wednesday 9 March 2016

March 9th Is This A Coincidence Or What?

Well they say the couple that plays together, stays together - or is that families?  However what about the couple that lose teeth together? They have to be destined for longevity.

Facebook brings up memories and four years ago to this day, I actually posted a photo (on 9th March 2012 to be exact) of a crown of two teeth that totally fell out of my mouth, for no reason whatsoever. One minute I was talking away, and not even eating, and to coin a Kiwi phrase, Nekk Minnit......

Well the plot sickens. Fast forward to 9 March 2016.  George was relaxing after a hard day's work. I still hadn't stopped (in his defense he did start his working day a good three hours before me), and Nekk Minnit.... from the lounge I hear .."oh no, oh god, what the hell?"  As any good wife would do, I went running in to see what our current catastrophe was.

Well blow me down with a tail feather (or a seagull feather, or a chicken feather, or whatever). George showed me in his hand a plate that for no reason had just fallen out of his mouth. We can't blame shoddy workmanship as it has resided in his mouth for 40 years.

But what sort of coincidence is that? Four years to the day, we both lost some teeth, and I subsequently incurred and George is about to incur a hefty dental bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment