Monday 7 March 2016

March 4th - 6th From Card Sharks to Rocky Melons to Begone Hair

Well we just dipped our toes into a weekend. Actually that is how it felt. One minute we were ready to start and then it was all over Rover, give the dog a bone. 

We saw in the weekend on Friday, with our Monthly Meeting Of The Card  Sharks. An event not to be sneezed at and one that is starting to take on Olympic proportions. This was our second get together, and the stakes were high. Well we haven't actually worked out what the stakes are as yet, but this is serious business. With two games being played on the night, and on this night four participants, here's looking at you Cristina and Bryan, or should that be Bree-Arnnnnnnnnnn, we were ready to rumble, ok ready to shuffle. The chips and dip were out and for a bit of a sweetener some cookies.



I am not one to boast, but guess who won one of the games.  I do like to keep a humble predisposition, but I WON, I WON, I WON - oh and George won the other.  And now I have one month to rub my winning triumph in (not that I would do that to you Bree-Arnnnn)

Onwards to Saturday and a quiet weekend. Which usually means photo opportunities can be hard to find. I was standing at the supermarket checkout (there's a song in there somewhere), and happened to peruse the scanner of my purchases and it appears someone at this supermarket has a sense of humour when it comes to Melons that Rock, or is this some secret subliminal message from the Melon World?


Sunday dawned and an even quieter day eventuated. Which can be a bit risky when George is around. He decided his hairy arms were troubling him, and the hair had to be gone. Once you step over this threshold, there can be no turning back. But even the skull seemed to think this was a matter of hilarity


No comments:

Post a Comment