Saturday 26 March 2016

March 25th A Good Friday Walk With Minnie

It was Good Friday and Minnie and I enjoyed a good walk. Which is something we haven't done for a long time due to work commitments and I was beginning to feel that my office chair was fused to my rather round posterior.

Minnie has several routes for our walk. There is Route A, which she decides upon and if we haven't been out together for a couple of days,, this is her walk of choice and for her little legs this is a sufficiently long walk. Then there is Route B, which when I walk her a lot, this is shorter and is a doddle.  These two are her choices

Then occasionally I spring others on her, which she is not happy about. Route C appears to mimic Route A. But when we get to a turn left now point, I make her cross the road and carry on straight ahead. This she does not like and initially displays some resistance. After conceding defeat she makes her way to where, according to her the next turn left now as a short cut exists, and we can hook back up with Route B.

Route D. she loved in her younger years, but is a lot less frequent now. This is Route C extended even further so we can reach the nearby lake and walk around it.  I selected this one today, as I needed the walk. Minnie kept trying to return to Route C for all of about 20 seconds, and then discovered who really is the boss and decided like me to enjoy the scenery.

Here are a few shots from Route D, which is a lot more scenic and longer

Until a few months ago, this was an ugly concrete monolith. Amazing what a lick of paint can do!

I love this plant on Route D. The leaves have a velvet texture

The wonderful Forest Lake


My favourite 'Hug A Tree' tree

No comments:

Post a Comment