Tuesday 15 March 2016

March 10th - 14th Fiji Me!

Radio Transmission has been silent here because we have been in Fiji. I was very lucky to win 4 nights accommodation in Fiji with two nights at The Naviti Resort, and two nights at The Warwick Resort. All together now - sighhhhhhhhh!!

Yes it was that lovely, and the stress of modern life melted away the moment our toes touched the pool. Well from the time we boarded our flight actually. And our stresses slipped even further away when the realisation hit that we had only one hour free internet per day. Which wasn't cumulated from usage, but from the minute you first logged on Really! In this day and age? So no Facebooking photos of cocktails in the pool, ocean views from the room, garden views mixed with car park views at our second hotel, hot sun and wondrous meals.

After that realisation on the first day, I decided that the world wide web and myself were having a temporary separation. A case of it's not you, it's me. I think we need our our own space for a few days. Look when I make it back to civilization maybe we can hook up again.  Which actually didn't happen, because even Nadi Airport charge for net access.  For which I refuse to pay. Usually you waste a lot of GB and $$$ due to slow connections, and I would rather do without.

So here is a small selection of photos from our 5 day mini break. I may have been cut off from the world, but my trusty phone is always with me, and I still indulge in taking photos each and every day

The lovely Ranesh, who met us on arrival for our transfer to the hotel



Being Welcomed at the Manager's Cocktail Party







Miriam's First Day on the Job as a Teppanyaki Chef




People who know me well will splutter,  but this is a Mocktail






Seafood and Steak House at The Warwick

You're leaving me?

A farewell bubbly at the Airport. Let's give you Prosecco in a Moet and Chandon 'Glass' which is made of Plastic
 I am going to finish on this little note. The food was wonderful, but the Fijian slant on some recipes was delightful. For instance I was thrilled to see Congee (Asian Porridge) at the Warwick Hotel's Buffet Breakfast. I love it when I see Congee on the breakfast menue. However the Fijian version is vastly different. This trend was noticeable in quite a few foods, but the one that got me the most was the Garlic Naan Bread.  This is what I got. Not quite what I expected!




No comments:

Post a Comment