Friday 25 March 2016

March 24th Out With The Old And In With The New

When it comes to my own coffee cup I am extremely pedantic and anal. Once I find a cup that has the right feel, the right handle, the right weight it is mine, mine, mine. To the extent that if someone offers to make coffee, if they have grabbed 'MY' cup, I try and point out quickly just whose cup that is, and if I can't stop them in time I grin (and grimace inside) and bear with it.

I have had this cup since 1999. It is starting to fade with the passing of time (just like myself), but is intact with no chips and every now and then gets thrown in the whitening bucket with pillowcases that need whitening, to brighten it up (handy little tip of the day thrown in for you)



I almost feel a traitor now. Unwittingly I have found a bigger and better replacement. On Wednesday evening I attended a Joint Airline Workshop, and there were door prizes. I actually was one of the winners and came away with a lovely Aircalin Coffee cup and some beautiful New Caledonian ground coffee.

But the cup, the cup. The minute we locked eyes with each other it was love at first sight. The handle had that perfect mold to it, the weight, the size - it was perfection in a ceramic cup. The fact that I have been to New Caledonia and and flown with Aircalin, has a wonderful memorable touch to it as well.

So Smiley Face is being relegated to the cupboard. I am not sure if I could bin him after all these years of service. And Aircalin is the new kid on the block, whom I hope will see me out for as many years as Smiley





No comments:

Post a Comment