Sunday 20 March 2016

March 19th - 20th A Freaky Occurrences Weekend

It certainly has been a freaky occurrences weekend for me. It started on Friday. One of my business customers had travelled to Grand Rapids, Michigan. That may have not been his exact location whilst in the States, but it was both his arrival and departure airport.  I hadn't really heard of Grand Rapids before. But then....

I was reading of a local Rugby League hero who was back here in his nearby old hometown and visiting his old school. The reporter asked him where he now resided as he had to retire from the game due to head injuries, and his answer was ... you guessed it... Grand Rapids, USA

On Saturday morning I received a phone call from my customer, who due to being stuck in traffic, got to Grand Rapids Airport only to find he was two minutes late and the gate had closed. I had to make like a Travel Agent on Saturday morning, and work some miracles to get him flying out of Grand Rapids Airport asap.

Does the freakiness end there. No it doesn't.  We decided for our Saturday night TV viewing, we would watch a movie that George recorded way back in July 2015. Guess which city in the US the movie was? I don't think you even need three guesses for that one. Yes it was in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Then we get to Sunday, and at 9:19am to be pedantic, I hear the front doorbell ring. I expected it to be family, so wasn't too fussed about appearing glamorous. Only it wasn't family. It was the lovely Lisa and Donald Templeton, who had flown here from Timaru in the South Island,  for Lisa to demonstrate her awesome cake decorating skills and her creativity with making flowers.  Lisa and Donald's other momentous claim to fame is that they are leading a custard invasion throughout the world, with their phenomenal, mouth watering custard squares.

So before I get to my photo of the day, you may well ask why is this a freaky occurrence. Yes, a wonderful surprise but freaky? Because later in the day I was checking my Facebook as you do, and my memories came up. And five years ago to this very day, Lisa called in here on March 20th. Donald remained home in Timaru in the South Island, but Lisa and her at that stage two children and one bun in the oven, who starts school this year, plus Lisa's best friends were here at our house.

And then I realised I did NOT take a photo of Lisa and Donald this morning. I could kick myself. So as a recompense, I am just going to have to post a photo of a box of their world famous custard squares, that were sent up as a lovely surprise gift for my birthday, and are still dwelling in the freezer, waiting for that perfect oink oink, I really feel like a pig out and I refuse to share day, well okay I will share but only with a significant other.


Here's the photo from 5 years ago to the day when Lisa last visited


Oh and where's Saturday photo you may well ask. Well this was another oink, oink, I am going to pig out and I do NOT have to share with my significant other as he doesn't like them day.  The new season's Bluff Oysters, enjoyed raw and dipped into a Japanese Soy Sauce with just a gentle squirt of Wasabi. Absolute Heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment