Tuesday 10 November 2015

November 9th From VIPs on Friday to a Princess on Monday...

Last Friday I attended a function with the Prime Minister in attendance, and Monday I met a customer for drinks - and the handing over of their tickets (yes some people still like to go traditional, with which I am happy to comply with) - and was in the presence of NZ royalty.

Unfortunately it was only a wall presentation for Princess Te Puea. She lived from 1883 to 1952, and is regarding as one of the most influential Maori leaders ever. I have actually just read her history here and it is extremely interesting, and she lead a colourful life.

I have to confess, I was ignorant as to her. I don't know how many times I have been in this hotel lobby and not noticed this montage before. Although normally I am heading to conference rooms, and not indulging in a tipple in the bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment