Sunday 15 November 2015

November 13th to 15th... What Do You Do?

I am ready to post photos for the last three days . However totally inhumane acts in both Paris and Beirut overshadow this. I could post a photo of a French flag but is that going to undo lives lost? I could say a prayer - but isn't religion the root of all of this, no matter who you praise?

I hope no one takes offense at the inanity of my life. I am lucky I live in a country where life can be inane - to date. We have food to put in our tummies. We can walk safely without worrying about a bullet sniper. We can enjoy Xmas - for myself it isn't for religious reasons. But because of the sheer joy I see in innocent children's eyes - and my own and other adult's eyes to be truthful. To share for a small moment in time, how our home transforms into a Xmas grotto

So here is a snapshot from my last three days.  Let's start with Friday. Out walking Minnie, and enjoying the varieties of flax in flower




Saturday was all things Xmas. The various Santa's lined up, in an orderly fashion, for their annual medical. Many a drawn breath could be heard, as they wondered if they would get to join in with this season's festivities


Sunday - a very wet day. With not much going on outside, that is when the kitchen can become the room of choice. With beautiful Capsicum (Bell Peppers) in season, time for some Orzo & Feta (home made) Stuffed Peppers to enjoy, and a Cucumber Salad was in the making



That was my inane weekend. I don't pray, but I do hope. That humanity is restored worldwide.

3 comments:

  1. As usual Irene I love your photos and preamble!

    I think I am going bananas, or have bananas on my mind, having just planted a banana palm at our beach property - I can only hope I live long enough to see it flower and get to have a feed of Lady Finger Bananas from my plant! However, getting back to going bananas - a glimpse of your first photo and I saw such a healthy looking bunch of young bananas and thought WOW, I hope my banana plant does this. T'wasn't till I got to your next photo that the penny dropped and I realised they were flax flowers and also realised that I very well know banana bunches hang down and in your photo these weren't (although the bananas themselves were pointing up the correct way if you understand what I mean). I've decided I must be a bit doo-laa-lee this morning?

    Your house will look amazing decked out for Christmas - your grandchildren and your neighbourhood must love it!

    I will now go back to my hole and bury myself for the rest of the day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine if you could grow bananas in NZ Dawn!! That would be so impressive. I wouldn't even attempt it down here
    I will definitely be posting photos of Xmas lights - but will wait until they up and running properly - can't wait and not long until 28th November now (poor George is feeling the pressure and this rain didn't help).
    Don't you dare bury yourself Dawn!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Irene - Hamilton is probably too cold, but lady finger bananas are successfully grown just up the road from us here and also on another farm about half a kilometre away (where my daughter & s.i.l. live) and I've eaten the banana's off their palms - nice and sweet. So we should have some luck further north where ours is planted. I think shelter is a key to being successful, also moisture and of course warmth as they are tropical plants. Will keep fingers crossed!

    Oh yes, the pressure will be on poor George, but he will be happy when he can relax and sit back and enjoy it. We needed the rain up here, but it's b***** cold today!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete