Wednesday 18 November 2015

November 17th HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IRENE LOVES ELEPHANTS!!

Yes November 17th celebrates the 5th Birthday of me taking a photo (or more) every single day for 5 years. This eventually expanded into this blog.

Reflecting back on the five years, it is hard to believe how I have managed to find something to photograph each day of those five years. Yes, I am fortunate I do travel - from my office at home, down a short hallway to the kitchen. OK, that is being sarcastic as I do love to travel, but that doesn't happen often. I do love to cook (sometimes, when I am not pressed for time and haven't finished work at 7pm), so food can be a topic Walking Minnie, the four legged ruler of the house, helps. But she selects our routes and doesn't often vary from her routine.

But I have done it.  I didn't think I would last 12 months taking a photo a day. I remember my initial goal was to last one year - and that has expanded to 5. And as my darling George said to me as we shared the one solitary piece of birthday cake I purchased, this has become a part of your life and I can't see you stopping.

So my wonderful friends (and family of course), you are stuck with me, my photos, my routine, my ramblings and my wee observations on life


No comments:

Post a Comment