Monday 18 July 2016

July 17th, 16th and 15th When Life Hands You Lemons..

Have you spotted what I have done with the dates in my subject line? Yes I have worked backwards. Only because, for the sake of photos taken over the last three days, it works better. And to mix up the format a little bit. A bit of change never hurt anyone. Or as a wise person (ie myself) once said "the only constant thing in life is change"

So let's start at the end of the weekend, that is on Sunday.  As another wise person (not myself this time) stated if life hands you lemons you make lemonade, okay maybe not lemonade. With our penchant for a good drop of alcohol, how about limoncello. Wrong again. No, I decided to make a yummy Lemon Syrup Cake. It was supposed to be a loaf, but I decided to double the recipe and make a cake instead. And you can't beat the quality of good home grown lemons, as opposed to the plastic version you often find in the supermarket



Rewind back one day to Saturday, and it was another food focused day. For myself that is. Bluff Oysters (NZ's finest) are still in season. It went without saying that I had to indulge in a dozen of the best premium grade for myself. Thank God George doesn't like oysters and I get to have the entire 12 to myself - this was my dinner. Raw oysters dolloped into a mix of Soy sauce and Wasabi paste. Absolute food heaven.


Now back to Friday. You most probably are thinking it must have been a super awesome day to leave it until the very end. Actually no it wasn't. It rained non stop. I didn't get out, and the only photo I did get was of our Orchids on the front deck. No doubt grateful to have some shelter from the constant rain


No comments:

Post a Comment