Friday 30 October 2015

October 29th Fancy Schmancy Dining

Tonight we dined out and it was courtesy of a dinner voucher that I won,which was a lovely surprise. However I am under strict instructions from 'he who thinks I listen to him' to please not make any more arrangements for evenings out or outings in general.

We have a Xmas light display to arrange and they are still in storage. So we now have to enter hermit mode and it's noses to the grindstone for us.

There is nothing to stop me sharing some of our lovely meal however.

Battered Mahurangi Oysters with a Wasabi Mayonnaise

The evening signature dish of Lamb (confession time - George was glad he had a snack before we left home)

Chocolate Mousse with Peanut Brittle and Salted Caramel Ice Cream (extremely sweet0

A wonderful accompaniment (psst compared to what I pour at home - it was low tide)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very nice meal Irene, nicely presented. For farmers who are 'healthy' eaters, meaning they like their plate of food - I can understand you saying it was lucky George had a wee snack earlier at home!! The dessert looked a bit scant, and I bet it tasted lovely and that's the most important thing, but wouldn't it have looked much nicer on a smaller oblong white plate rather than a blimp on a large round plate? IMHO!!! xx
    PS Anything that is free is wonderful no matter what eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,as I said to George, this was definitely a lady size meal. And as he replied... if you eat somewhere with a named and well known Chef, you can just expect to taste the meal, to savour the occasion and then to pay through the nose for it and still be hungry. Everything was beautiful, and whilst I came away full (I had the oysters, polenta chips and dessert - and none of the greens appealed to me as I am fairly anti veg, and I am resistant to paying for a side of greens I won't eat), George would not have been full on his lot - he had dessert as well, which was a Creme Brulee with Tamarillo Sorbet. But that is a good point re dessert, it should have been served on a white rectangular plate. It was an outing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs from a pure vegetarian. Just imagine, I don't eat anything that comes from a source with a face or mother, but I like your photographs.
    With best regards,
    W in warm Greenville, NC
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. W thank you!! That is high praise indeed. I feel guilty now for my comment above re being anti greens.. I am to an extent, but nothing beats a wonderful Caesar Salad with lovely crisp lettuce, I love Caulflower and Cabbage is another favourite. I just don't like it when you go to restaurants and your side of greens would not even entice a rabbit to eat them!

    ReplyDelete