Monday 19 October 2015

October 17th - 18th Brain Fart Moments

Let's start at Saturday. We had a wonderful visit from family. My sister, niece and her partner drove down from north of Auckland to visit.  It was absolutely wonderful to see them, and we had a great time together. They left late afternoon, and then I kicked myself.

Even on Sunday, we had visitors and their daughter is gorgeous. I had to kick myself again!  Why? Well when people visit or are the focus of my day, I forget to take a photo. I think I get so caught up in the moment (that is hours not moments of course), I don't even think to take a photo.  Which of course would be perfect for my daily blog. The moment is over and that is when I kick myself for not even considering. 

Apologies to any whom have often wondered why I haven't taken a photo or they have missed out, only to find the focus of that day's blog is a flower or a meal or such and such It is just me and my brain fart moments.

Which is where I found myself both Saturday and Sunday evenings. I decided Saturday's photo would be our yellow brick path , now completely hidden with Orchids, thanks to Friday's effort


George pulled finger to the nth degree and by Sunday late afternoon, our garden returned to it's former glory


The Orchids we are keeping have all been relocated to their permanent homes and pots


2 comments:

  1. Nice photographs. Is that a palm tree in the back of the yard in the first photograph?
    With warmest regards,
    W in cold Alexandria, Va
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi W... I guess you are gearing up for Winter as we are starting to prepare for Summer. Yes that is a palm tree in our yard. Also being Southern Hemisphere, it is Summer time when we enjoy Xmas - and there usually is a Santa trying to climb that tree. Keep an eye on the blog over December, as I am sure a photo will emerge of him again
    Keep warm!! Irene :)

    ReplyDelete