Friday 2 October 2015

October 1st She Should Have Gone to (and I did)

I decided it was time to visit the Optician.  I noticed the computer screen was blurry, and even road signs were suffering the same fate.  I didn't want a new frame, I just needed an upgrade to the lens. Instead of an IOS 9.1 upgrade as Apple have just done, let's refer to it as IF (my initials), IF 7.2, I think I may be upgrading to.

What I can't understand with Opticians however, is that it is cheaper to buy glasses with frames and to get 2 new pairs (think of the 2 for 1 deal), then just to have a lens updated.  I still can't get my head quite around that one, but I like my existing frames and can't see the point in changing something I am happy with.

Also with this particular chain of Opticians, and once again I don't know if this applies to all NZ opticians, but the frames are sent off to Australia (yes across quite a wide ditch) to have the new lens fitted. That is more cost effective??

However.. that means for 2 weeks I have to go without my current glasses, and use my even older glasses in the interim, the IF 6.0 model Which is okay, but everything is even blurrier and worse than with the IF 7.1 model.  Expect a few typos over the next few weeks as I use the following IF 6.0 model. Let's hope that damn plane doesn't crash with my IF 7.2 model in it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment