Tuesday 20 October 2015

October 19th Nigrum Piper

There is nothing like a little Nigrum Piper to spice up a meal. Just as an aside, that is your Latin lesson for the day and Nigrum Piper translates in English to Black Pepper.

It was lunchtime, and after an extremely busy morning, I decided I had to  have some lunch, even if I did eat it at my desk. I thought some of my home made cheese and cherry tomatoes would be a nice combination of finger food to eat whilst I worked.

I sliced the tomatoes and had them on my plate, and then went to grind some sea salt and Nigrum Piper on to them. Well as can only happen to me, the lid on my Pepper jar had come loose (of course I did not realise that), and I had peppercorns everywhere, not only on my plate, on my tomatoes, but even on the bench top. Fortunately it wasn't a full jar.

They do say Pepper is the spice of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment