Wednesday 6 November 2013

November 5th Horsing Around

As it is Melbourne Cup Day, I thought I would go for a horsey photo. That was one great thing I recall about living in Melbourne. Cup Day was a Public Holiday in Victoria. Champagne Breakfasts were the norm. We did go to Flemington to watch the race one year. Unfortunately when your posterior is close to the ground, and you are in the hoy polloy stands, and an elderly lady next to you decides she feels faint due to the heat (typically Melbourne unpredictable weather), you don't get to see much of the actual race which you have been there for all day!  In the years afterwards, we used to settle for having friends around for the good ole Orstralian Barbecue, and the men would pop some Vic Bitters and us ladies would be drinking bubblies and/or cider - and watch the race on TV.

These days - I had no idea what horses were running, I was working so didn't even watch the race, and the closest I got to a horse ..... was this dough one that Little H had made at her other Nana's and left here.


No comments:

Post a Comment