Monday 4 November 2013

November 2nd & 3rd Welcome To My Weekend

Weekends allow me extra time to indulge in foodie exploration. I received from Mindfood a recipe for Pork & Spring Onion Stir Fry with Noodle Baskets, which looked interesting. What attracted me is that the recipe used Oyster Mushrooms, which is a first for me. A lovely recipe which tasted nicer then it photographed. Cooked Pork Mince can look very bland, and even with the addition of coriander and spring onions, and sitting in a white noodle basket it did not photograph too well. But it was a yummy Saturday and Sunday night dinner


And then on Sunday I realised it was Christmas Cake time. I didn't make one last year. My recipe is extremely easy with the fruit soaking in two cups of brandy overnight. The next day you add flour and essences and that is it. I have made it for a few years now and with the addition of weekly brandy top ups to the cake until Xmas time, it lasts until well into July.

I absolutely adore glace cherries so decided to add an extra packet to my fruit mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment