Thursday 7 January 2016

January 7th In Loving Memory Of My Wonderful Mum

Today would have been my Mum's 93rd birthday. I cannot think of her as a 93 year old and still picture her as she was when she was well and before she passed away on January 1st, 1984. Every New Year is tinged with sadness.


That is 4 candles at the top of Mum's headstone. We were going to light them and had one for each of us there, with the Romanian tradition being that it would give her light on the other side. However strong prevailing winds put paid to that idea, so we brought the candles home and I have set up a memorial in the lounge instead.


Love you Mum. Even though you have been gone now for 31 years and didn't get to know your grandsons Harley and Todd, or your great granddaughters Havana and Samara, I am sure you are with us and guiding us all (and shaking your head at times when we refuse to listen)

No comments:

Post a Comment