Friday 4 December 2015

December 3rd In the Small, Small House

People that know us well know that our house isn't particularly large - by Western standards anyway. Someone living totally away from westernisation, may brand our house the size of a mansion - but it isn't. The Garage - also small - only houses one car.

Where the above is leading, is that when we are setting up for Xmas light displays - the garage is a storage facility, a let's put that here for now facility, because we can't put it anywhere else, etc. And any spare surfaces within that garage are covered.

One of those surfaces is our chest freezer. So can you imagine when the top is totally covered - the contents of that chest freezer are inaccessible for a few weeks.  For some reason the inside freezers seem to be stocked well - with chicken, and ice cream, and frozen veg and blah blah blah. However the meat is chicken. Which is all well and good but starts to get mundane. To combat this, at the beginning of the week I spied the top of the freezer was empty (for a very short time span). So I dived in (not literally) to retrieve some meat other than chicken.

One of the ingredients was Pork Mince. I had no idea what I would do with it, but I thought Pork Mince would make a nice change from chicken (the previous evening was fish if you are wondering). One of my Pork Mince dishes is a Pork and Eggplant Stir Fry  I had no Eggplant, and no time to shop for any today, so thought frozen Asian Vegetables would be a good substitute in my stir fry.  After a hard day's work I went to retrieve my Asian Vegetables and there was zilch. Maybe they are residing in the freezer now totally covered up again and inaccessible?  So instead of having Pork and AsianVegetable Stir Fry, which was supposed to be a Pork and Eggplant Stir Fry, we ended up having a Pork and Spinach Stir Fry. Which actually was so good,  with rice on the side as usual, I will be making it again. The photos do not do the taste any justice believe me!


No comments:

Post a Comment