Tuesday 15 December 2015

December 14th A Boxer Double

When George lived in Romania, he had a Boxer dog, Mina, that he still misses deeply. There was no choice but to re-home her and leave her behind.

Today I visited our Dog Groomer, Adrienne.  She is off work for 3 months at least (anyone know a good dog groomer we can use temporarily), due to smashing her leg in not one but three places. She spent days in hospital and is obviously immobile, so I paid her a visit. Minnie stayed home as I thought the thought of an excited dog, seeing Adrienne in entirely different circumstances, too risky

Let me introduce Bonnie to you, a Boxer owned by Adrienne. Bonnie would not come in the room as she is nervous of strangers. So I spoke to her from a distance, and then eventually she came up to me and offered her paw She didn't like being patted on the head, but loved having her chin stroked, and would keep lifting her paw to shake hands with me.

Returning to the subject of Mina,  I have seen photos of her and was pleased to see that Bonnie looks like an exact double. I had to take a photo to show George in the evening, and you can imagine his delighted reaction!


No comments:

Post a Comment