Saturday 13 February 2016

February 12th It's All About The Minnie (And My Trampled Boobs)

Life has been revolving around Minnie for the last couple of days. A bee sting yesterday, had us watching her for any reactions. Today it was time to take her to the Vets for her annual check up.

Here is the procedure and it is not entirely stress free, I tell you! The car journey there is fine. But once I park outside, she recognises the place and knows there are lovely animal smells in there and just wants to get out of the car and get in there. All this is happening whilst I am trying to retrieve my handbag and get the car keys. Hop out of the car and try and look composed, but I have had a dog bouncing on my boobs, she is on the leash but just wants to get inside and my clothes are every which way but how they should be.

Enter the veterinary clinic. Minnie doesn't meekly want to go to the reception counter Oh no, she turns the other way because there are smells to be smelt. Oh look another dog - whose owner informs me that her little precious gets upset easy with other dogs, and please can we keep a distance. A distance - yeah right. Tell that to Minnie, who just sees a delicious doggy bum to smell.

Yank her back to Reception and announce our reason for being there. Try and get Minnie to stand on the scales, but she does a quick run over them, twice for good measure and we can ascertain that she is at her normal weight that she has been practically all her life (I mumble under my breath - bitch).

Then we wait, with Minnie smelling every smell and still spotting that other delectable little doggy bum she just wants to sniff. Finally Minnie is called.

We are informed that she is heading into her twilight years. Her eyes are showing signs of age, her teeth are in damned good condition, and unlike me, she is nice and lean. She should be with us for a few more years yet. She gets the sign off and her annual vaccinations.

Back out to Reception. For Gods Sake! Precious is still out there. I try and retrieve my credit card from my purse, which is deep in my handbag, while trying to keep Minnie away from Precious.

Finally exit the Vets. Put Minnie in the car, remove the leash - and she returns to her normal respectable self!





No comments:

Post a Comment