Thursday 5 December 2013

December 5th Help?

Does anyone else have this problem and if not, can someone assist me? When I cut an avocado in half, such as here



it is easy to cut in half, and I can peel the half without the stone into pretty slices. However the half that still has the stone intact is always a mess - I can never take the stone out cleanly to make pretty slices. Is there a knack to doing this? If so, I would appreciate your tips please.

Whilst we are on the subject of Avocados, there is a dog in this world called Minnie who loves the shell and cleans them out for me. She hates peas to the extent of actually spitting them out of her mouth one by one. However give her an Avocado and she absolutely loves them and cleans every last morsel out. Go figure?


4 comments:

  1. My current theory of avocado stones involves stabbing them hard with a knife and twisting them out.. it sometimes works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be terrified of stabbing myself. Will give it a go - maybe :). Thanks Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's what I do - whack a sharp knife into it. After you've done it a couple or three times it just becomes second nature Irene!
    D:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. I think I finally have solved this problem.

      Delete